Thursday 23 June 2011

Under the weather

As my collection of vehicles for my Blood Angel force grows, I find myself thinking about weathering and damage more and more, This can add a very real campaign look to your models, if done correctly. If you do too much, your models tend to look rather unrealistic.

Ater applying some damage to my terminator sergeant I decided to experiment more with weathering and damage with my assault squad, they are already part of a experiment with Vallejo and P3 paints being used on them, so I decided a little damage couldn't hurt.
 I tried to keep this around areas that would see damage, eg: kneecaps, feet, gauntlets and tried to include some near misses with the helm. this was done with a small area painted Vallejo's burnt cadmium red, angled out with boltgun metal painted inside, with a touch of P3's khador red highlight (you can tell I'm developing a preferred formula here.)
I plan on trying this on my dreadnought next, before trying it out on the drop pods with a little refining, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment