Monday 20 June 2011

A few trials

I've recently been commissioned to paint the captain Sicarius and Vulkan He'stan models, upon accepting the commission I realised Ive never actually painted an ultramarine model nor a salamander, so I dug out two models that I had spare and painted them up in the respective chapter colours.

First up is the Salamander marine. this guy was relatively simple to paint, dark angels green base, followed by snot green, scorpion green highlight. At the moment its still a WIP, as I haven't highlighted the black and attached the bolter yet, but that will be happening shortly.

The Ultramarine was quite enjoyable to paint, starting off with a regal blue basecoat building up to ultramarine blue, followed by adding space wolves grey for the highlights. I painted him as a member of the second company, owing to that being Captain Sicarius's company.

Overall I look forward to working with Sicarius and Vulkan as I have always liked their models, and now that Ive painted at least one of their chapter, I should be able to work out the colours easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment