Sunday 12 June 2011

Terminator WIP and upcoming plans

At the moment I find myself still waiting for the majority of conversion bits and squads so these updates have been a tad bit slower than anticipated, but nevertheless once I get the parts in there will be more posts.


I'm about 75% complete with the terminator sergeant at the moment, having finished the majority of the main body, as well as the arms all I have to do to complete it is appropriate damage on the shield and the base, which leads me to my next topic.

I have read various tutorials on appropriate battle damage effects, and they seem to consist of two schools, firstly there is the idea to show the paint scratched off and the bare metal underneath, and secondly, there is the effect that gives the primer colour underneath, I'm not 100% sure which path ill take, so I've decided to try out both on a test piece of plastic I have lying around, I may even integrate the two, having paint stripped off to show light damage, and bare metal showing around areas of heavy impact. Once I have decided which method to take I will finish the shield and glue it to the arm. Stay tuned for pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment