Saturday 18 June 2011

Terminator Sergeant finished

Well Ive finally finished the terminator sergeant, it took a while longer than expected, mostly due to the numerous layers of red I used, as well as my inability to decide what damage to the shield I'd do.

I tried out a marbling effect on the hammer, and while its not perfect, I'm satisfied with the results for my first try, as I find more things to marble my technique will improve.

For the weathering on the shield I decided to go with stippling dark flesh over the central areas of the shield followed by stippling boltgun metal over it, leaving some dark flesh showing around it giving the effect of both primer showing, as well as it being stripped away, as they would come under a lot of heavy fire.




And finally, for the base, I added a bit more sand and shale, before spraying it black and building up shades of graveyard earth and kommando khaki, to give more of the wasteland feel I painted the various tubes from the resin bits and shale tin bits, before stibbling orange back on, and a light drybrush with boltgun metal on small parts to give them a nice rusting effect.
Ultimately I'm quite pleased with the result of these various effects and plan to copy this over to the rest of the squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment