Wednesday 29 June 2011

Something different

Most of my experience in painting miniatures tends to lie in the Games Workshop range, while this has been fun, I recently started looking outside their range for something a little different. This is where I found Kingdom Death, a WIP miniature game with some absolutely amazing miniatures. I ended up purchasing the Preacher Pinup mostly because I liked the flow of the model, plus, hammers are always cool.

After receiving the model, and realising just how finely detailed this model is I set about assembling and removing mold lines before priming white. I assembled the majority of the body, but kept the heads, hammer and front of the dress separate, as to make them easier to paint.
The original drawing of the model has her dressed in red, but I chose to go with blue, mostly because the cooler colour would give a more serene look to her, that, and I paint too much red with my Blood Angels anyways.

As for basing her I am tempted to try and give the base she came with a cobblestone effect, or I may just end up purchasing a cobblestone resin base, depending on whether I can make it look good enough myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment