Tuesday 14 June 2011

Warhammer 40k basing kit

I recently purchased the warhammer 40k basing kit from Games Workshop and I have to say it is actually quite good, a large assortment of various resin pieces to add to your bases as well as small and medium shale (I was mildly disappointed there was no large shale to stand a commander on, to give him that more menacing look) and the laser etched brass icon sheet, which has amazing detail, but I fear the detail is so fine, it would be lost with even one coat of thinned paint, but we shall see how it turns out.
My one complaint about the kit is the majority of imperial details on the resin pieces, and not many other forces are represented, this might make your space marine or imperial guard force look a little odd if theyre marching over a battlefield of their own fallen (how many helmets can a space marine chapter lose before they start picking them up?) but I digress, I used one medium resin piece and one small one as well as some shale for my terminator Sergeant, mostly I wanted to get the feel for using the resin pieces rather than making one stand out just yet, using sand to fill in the blanks as well as eliminate the height different between the resin and the base.


Once I paint this up ill get my Sergeant on it and see how it all goes, I imagine I shall need some greenstuff under the feet to give a more solid feel to his standing on it, but that shouldn't be too hard at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment